MODERN DIGITAL MARKETING TRENDS TO RULE 2022
Digital marketing is not a thing of today. It has evolved over decades and is still at a concurrent stage where every new day begins with a new innovation in the realm of digital marketing services. It has become way too tricky to keep up with digital marketing trends as the industry changes at a supersonic pace. Digital marketing is a huge gamut of things and not just one part and is required to be pivoted in consonance with them at par. The pandemic situation drastically changed the way B2B and B2C companies across sectors operated as people went online to research, review and purchase. This transition had a huge impact on digital marketing sector and the role of digital marketers.
In order to support digital leaders and social media agency navigate this new landscape, listed below are certain trends to assist in building their marketing game stronger in 2022.
1. SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS 2022
- TikTok will continue to grow and brands need to take it seriously
TikTok has enormous engagement and offers individuals and brands the opportunity for their videos to go viral. Businesses need to take TikTok seriously as Facebook is certainly worried as so many of TikTok’s features are beginning to filter into Facebook products.
- Social commerce will become seamless
Pandemic saw brands flocking on to Instagram, YouTube and TikTok to offer consumers online shops to replace their brick-and-mortar counterparts. 2022 is set to see the experience of social shopping evolve as platforms work behind the scenes to enable hassle-free customer payments and social commerce expected to reach $1.2 trillion globally by 2025.
- Explosion in YouTube Advertising
YouTube’s global revenue reaching $29 billion previous year clearly puts it at par with Netflix and is a result of the rise in more traditional TV advertisers on the channel, direct response ads and brand advertising.
2. DIGITAL MARKETING JOB TRENDS 2022
- Marketers need to up their digital game
With the successful rise in brand engagement, promotion and conversion online, the need for digital talent across industries is intense, securing talent with the right skill set is the number one challenge that digital marketing industry faces today. Upskilling is the need of the hour, for sure.
- Digital Gig economy is on the rise
The emergence and rise of online services and apps such as Airbnb and Deliveroo have offered new ways of working for people rather than a 9 to 5 traditional job.
- Fight for digital marketing talent is intense
3. DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY TRENDS 2022
- The Metaverse will become a marketer’s playground
According to eMarketer research, there will be 65 million people that use VR and 110 million using AR every month in 2023, that’s immense potential young customers to have in one space.
- Artificial Intelligence will hinder and help data privacy
Companies may use AI in their data privacy initiatives to classify sensitive data and use it to search data to identify individuals that have asked to be forgotten
- Brands will start using NFTs (non-fungible tokens)
4. CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TRENDS 2022
- Consumer is the supreme power
This shift of power can be a challenge as well as an opportunity for brands as consumers seek transparency.
- Importance of having conversations with customers
This conversational marketing done right can reap huge rewards for B2C and B2B brands.
- Being ‘green’ is a turn-on for customers
5. SEARCH MARKETING TRENDS 2022
- First-party data (email) is the norm
- Understand your data better with Google Analytics 4
- Marketers need to plan for responsive search ads
6. CONTENT MARKETING AND SEO TRENDS 2022
- It’s hard to rank organic content on Google
- Core Web Vitals shouldn’t be ignored as optimizing these will improve your website’s performance and usability.
- Invest in creating answer-based content as search engines have majorly become ‘answering’ machines
7. B2B & B2C DIGITAL MARKETING TRENDS 2022- CONCLUSION
- The expanse of short and DIY videos
- Telling a real story
- Focus on your audience
- Privacy, transparency and trust-building
- Content segmentation
- Conversational marketing and quality interactions
- Artificial intelligence in digital marketing
- NFTs and crypto in social media ecommerce
The start of the year 2022 saw the continuing rise of TikTok, which has now taken over all other platforms as the leading social media channel among Gen Z users. NFTs and cryptocurrencies continued their momentum, sparking conversations about the future of finance. Google announcing its phasing-out of third-party cookies by 2023, leaving advertisers and digital marketing company to navigate to new channels to reach their target consumers. As it is evident that 2022 is going to be the greatest of all years as it has got marketers on their toes and keeping them busy with their upgrades and innovation. Self-development and change are going to be the new norm for the digital marketing companies as they’re required to ensure that they make the most of their activities across channels and platforms.